Thursday, November 20, 2008

Would Prefer To Be Lucy, Thanks

Since I had a doctor's appointment early this morning I stayed at Mom and Dad's house last night instead of staying with Grandma. I've only been away five days but it was weird coming back to the house, mostly because all of the sudden it's freakishly clean. The kitchen, the living room, even the garage is spotless!

I tried to remember the last time the house had been this clean, and I think it was back when I was in college. Are you seeing the pattern here?

I've never thought of myself as a messy person (okay so my bedroom floor is usually littered with dirty clothes but that doesn't count right?) but now I'm not so sure. What else am I supposed to think? The house is only in pristine condition when I'm not around? Maybe I'm like Pig-Pen, walking around blissfully unaware that I'm surrounded by a fog of schmutz.



Then again I took a whole day to clean my room a few weeks ago when the rest of the house was still a mess... so maybe I'm the clean one in the house and the parents were so embarrassed they decided to follow in my Lysol-sanitized footsteps.

2 comments:

sarah cool said...

i think it is just the lack of an extra person.... my parents had a housekeeper twice a week while iw as growing up, and when I left for college, she said she only needed to come every 2-3 weeks. WHATEVER! i wasn't that messy! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...The house was clean when you were away in college and Europe...and was messy after you moved back in. Seems like a direct corelation to me.... What exactly did they teach you down there in ZinZinatty?

Fah Zhuh