- Traded stories with Grandma before I left for work
- Heard my new favorite song on the radio while I was stuck in traffic
- Wore the greatest scarf and hat ever for the first time this winter
- Reconnected with the best former co-workers ever
- Held another cute sleeping baby
- Gossiped and bitched with a friend over Happy Hour
- Visited Mom and Dad's incredibly clean house
- Schlepped the five enormous bags of Toys 4 Tots donations from my parents to the car
- Tucked Grandma in before doing the dishes
- Waking up early after staying up late to work on an important project
- Scraping the ice off my windows before I leave for the office
- Hearing the same lame repeated references to "Hump Day" from my students
- Sorting through everything I neglected yesterday so I could work on my super fun important project
- Getting dirty looks from nasty co-workers when I haul in the Toys 4 Tots stuff because, for the second year in a row, they have yet to contribute a single toy*
- Shuttling all over town to do odds and ends when all I really want is a big long nap in front of the fire
- Unloading the dishwasher and then trying to figure out where the hell everything goes in a kitchen that doesn't belong to me
*Seriously, what's with the dirty looks? Sorry my family's charitable giving is so annoying. My bad.
2 comments:
You say you caught up with your favorite former coworkers, but I'm pretty sure you didn't catch up with me. Ouch!
G.
Hey G,
Don't be so sad...Miranda stays caught up with you. We don't hear from her much anymore.
Hopefully that will change soon.
*Word verification for the day: boring" Hope that doesn't mean anything.
G2
Post a Comment