Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Merry Christmas To All

The economy sucks. Everyone is strapped for cash. And Christmas is a month from today. So my family did what we do every year... we each hit the door buster sales so we could get a ton of stuff for Toys for Tots.




I'm the first to admit that most children drive me up the wall, but even I can't stand the idea of a little kid who doesn't have presents to open on Christmas morning. Buying toys to donate is one of my favorite holiday traditions, and even though I always wish I could give more it makes me warm and tingly to know that I've contributed something. Some people throw twenty dollar bills in the Salvation Army bucket or knit mittens and socks to donate to local homeless shelters -- my family wakes up at the crack of dawn for the super-saver sales so we can stockpile Nerf guns and $3 Ballerina Barbies.

Click here to make a donation to Toys for Tots (any amount accepted!), or just send me a check and I'll be happy to hit the stores to buy the goodies and let you take all the credit. Or just dig extra deep in your pocket and try to toss the Salvation Army Bell Ringers a few extra nickels. Every little bit counts.

No comments: