Friday, November 07, 2008

Babies Bitterness

Just as I was sitting down last night to write a post about how an alarming number of my female friends are having babies (seriously, ladies, what's up with all the babies?!) my phone rang. It was one of my co-workers. She was leaving the office late and needed to talk about something that had gone wrong while she was there. While we were on the phone another person from my office beeped through on call waiting. Yeah.

Did I mention that I worked late at the office every single night this week? Imagine how excited I was that on my first work-free evening of the whole week I got to -- wait for it -- deal with work stuff! For more than an hour! The co-workers did the right thing calling me and I think between the three of us we've managed to get the situation under control, but even thinking about it now leaves me annoyed with some of the negative aspects of my job.

But I've got the day off today (Because I did so many extra hours already this week? Nope - it's because I also have to work all day Saturday!) and I'm determined to enjoy myself. In fact, I'm working on plans to meet-up with a girlfriend who, of course, just had a baby. And if that means I can't answer phone calls from the office because I'm holding a newborn and smelling her delicious little head then so be it.

4 comments:

Abby said...

just wanted to let you know you have fans in LA . . . don't remember how i found your blog initially but i've passed it on to some friends and we think you're a riot! yeah, that probably sounds like a super creep out, but i assure we're normal. kind of ;)

Anonymous said...

When you say "delicious little head" I become concerned that you want to eat the baby. Oh my.

G.

miranda said...

Thanks Abby! You seem pretty normal-ish so I won't call the cops...yet.

G- I did pretend to chomp on her fat little thighs. Does that count?

Anonymous said...

Babies are meant to be pretend-eaten. Except the ugly ones...then all you can do is secretly pinch them so they cry and the momma has to "take they ugly ass back."