I hate when people post cryptic blogs that say things like "I can't go into any specifics right now but there's something big on the horizon that I'm really, REALLY excited about and like, ohmygod it's so cool but I can't talk about it because it's a secret."
What's the point of even mentioning something like that? If it's such a big secret then what's the point of bringing it up? Why bother even posting about it? WHY NOT JUST KEEP IT TO YOURSELF?!
The only remotely acceptable exception to the "keep your secrets to yourself" rule might be if, say, you were doing NaBloPoMo and maybe it was getting toward the end of the month and you were running low on ideas and each time you tried to think of something decent to write about you got all distracted by the big exciting thing that might happen and ended up thinking about that instead. Yeah, it might be okay to talk about it then...
Nah. It's still a dick move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment