Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Mom and I drove to Cincinnati over the weekend for Cassie's Annual Cookie Party, an event so exciting that Mom often starts talking about it before Halloween. We bake tons of sugar cookies ahead of time then haul them to Cassie's house, invite a bunch of people over and have a hen party. We make chocolate covered pretzels and buckeyes and chocolate chip cookies and when it's all said an done we each end up with a pretty kickass cookie tray to take home. But my favorite thing is always decorating the sugar cookies, in part because my mom's cream cheese frosting is out of this world and partly because it makes me super relaxed. Forget yoga; give me a piping bag and a couple dozen cookies and I'm good to go.

During this year's party I discovered that I am one half of an awesome cookie decorating team. Cassie had some trouble with the piping bag but did an awesome job with the sprinkles and I had the exact opposite problem. Our powers combined though? Pretty effing festive.



A word of advice? It's not a good idea to eat one ten minutes after you've bleached your teeth. I learned that one the hard way.

No comments: