What have I been doing the past month and a half? Watching too much Martha Stewart, that's for damn sure.*
My cubicle-mate at work is leaving this week because she's about to pop out a baby. Don't ask me to explain why she'd rather stay home with a baby when she could continue to hang out in our freezing cold cubicle with me because I HAVE NO IDEA. Psh -- babies! They ruin everything!
To make things extra complicated she's having a girl, but doesn't want anything pink, and doesn't want any more outfits because she's got plenty already. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find stuff that's not gender specific for babies? Pretty damn hard. Unless you want to get something that's all white and dude, even I know you don't put babies in white. So I decided to get her diapers, baby booties and no-scratch mittens. And then I had some downtime and started poking around the internet and decided to get all crafty.
I also included some diaper rash cream called Butt Paste which is, ya know, classy.
It turned out pretty well and cost less than $20, so I'm a happy camper. And it's good practice for when Cassie and Zach decide to have a kid and I get to throw the world's best baby shower.
*Also I paid off all my credit cards, which was kinda cool.
7 comments:
Dang, it's been a while, but I can see you've been busy.
Very craft, Miranda. I like it. Our neighbor used diapers, etc., to make a cake, and it was da bomb too.
Yeah I didn't have enough diapers to make the cake, otherwise I would've done that. Oh well. I'm sure this is only the first of many baby showers I'll get the pleasure of attending. Whatever -- as long as they don't want ask me to babysit once the kid gets here then it's all good.
good lord woman. that's quite the creation. you watch HGTV and knit too?
(i do.)
I do!
Oh, and congrats on paying off your credit cards!
You're wise beyond your years.
Thanks! It wasn't easy but I'm glad I got it out of the way.
That is a very cute idea. The Butt Paste is a very nice touch. Take it from someone who knows, the Butt Paste is the best Butt Cream ever. Long live the Butt Paste.
Post a Comment